What is time management? Time management is a set of principles, practices, skills, tools and systems that help you use your time to accomplish what you want. Time management is important for your personal life and career success. It teaches you how to manage your time effectively and make the most of it.
Here are a few of the reasons why it is so important and how it can help you use and manage your time more advantageously:
- Time is a special resource that you cannot store or save for later use. Everyone has the exact same amount of time each day. Time not well used cannot be retrieved.Most people, feel like they have too much to do and not enough time. They blame lack of time for their poor finances, stress, bad relationships, and for not exercising their body.Wise time management can help you find the time for what you desire, and for what you need to do.
- You need time to get what you want out of life. If you wait for extra time to appear, you might lose the game of life. Through right time management, you can “create” the time you need, and not just wait for it to come. By planning your time wisely, you will have more time to do more things. Time management will help you set up your priorities and is limited to 24 hours a day, so plan your life wisely.
- Time management helps you make conscious choices, so you can spend more of your time doing things that are important and valuable to you.You can learn to find the time for the things that are important to you. Even a small amount of time once a day, or even once a week, will take you closer to your goals, and you will be surprised at the progress you make.
- You become more productive using improved time management skills and tools, and can accomplish more with less effort and time. Time management can help you reduce wasted time and energy, help you become more creative and productive, and enable you to do the right thing at the right time. This will of course lead to more balance and fulfilment in your life.
- Life today presents so many distractions, and therefore, it is very easy to lose time on unimportant activities. Ask yourself, is watching this or that TV program, reading this or that gossip or participating in a certain activity is going to add anything to your life. Is the time spent on a particular activity well spent, or is just a waste of time and energy?
There are many things you can do and tools to use to manage your time effectively. There is a lot of time wasted each day, which can be put to better use. There are changes you can make which will effectively increase the time you have at your disposal every day.Thinking, planning, finding out how others manage their time, and reading books and articles on time management, will develop these skills and give you good ideas.
Learning how to manage your time more effectively is where the Ben Alberts Company can assist you. Through various techniques, the Ben Alberts Company will be able assist you on your path to a more productive you. To find out what other training techniques the Ben Alberts Company has on offer, visit their website www.benalbertscompany.co.za